Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tuesday

It's evening now so let's see if I can remember all of today...

The kids are sick (well, M is sick, E had a runny nose two days ago, but seems OK for now) so we laid low today.

Watched some TV, played on the computer (see?)

computer time

Read some books..

banned books

It's Banned Books Week and we are celebrating by reading a bunch of books that have either been banned or challenged. Some I understand - Heather Has Two Mommies is pretty obvious. But The Giving Tree? I don't get it. Not pictured are The Witches by Dahl and I'd like to get A Wrinkle in Time on DVD to watch. (God bless Madeleine L'Engle)

In the afternoon all we did was put up the Halloween decorations and watch Fly Away Home.

E, however, did this:

elliott made a q

He told me to make the circle and he drew the line and announced, "Q!"

1 comment:

S said...

I didn't get why The Giving Tree should be banned either, but this is what Google spat out:

"The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Removed from a locked reference collection at the Boulder, Colo. Public Library (1988). The book was originally locked away because the librarian considered it sexist."