Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Monday 9/24

6:35 AM~

At Around 6 E and I were in bed together. Sometime during the night we'd lost the husband to the girl child. Fine with me, E takes up too much room in a king size bed anyway. In my sleepy state I thought E was nursing back to sleep, but then he popped off and I hear a, "Da?" (Daddy). "No, E" "No da?" "No, E. It's night-night." Goes back to nursing.

Two minutes later ~ from the other room: "Daddy! Get uuuuuuuuuup!" And E is off and running. "Gee!" (is what he calls Margie)

And here we are. It's too early. Alex is sleeping in until 7am.

The kids requested a Leap Frog DVD so I'm already educating them! Woo! They sit on the couch holding pillows.
user posted image
HA.

There is an unschooling park day today I might check out depending on where is it in the county. We'll see.

8:01 AM~
Kids fed. They had the rest of the pumpkin bread. I should keep that on hand always. Veggies for breakfast.

I exercised.

Showered.

Folded laundry.

M's clothes are ready to be put away.

I smell a poopy dipe!

Alex put on a Barbie movie so I have to wait until that's over to get anything done.

I'll take this time to organize myself for the day, get some projects together and planned out.

I remembered Heroes is tonight so the kids have to skip naps so they will go to bed early. I have my priorities straight for sure!

Alex is about to leave for work.

9:38AM~
I pulled out some worksheets for M, printed some for E. Put them on the table.

Cleaned up a bit, did some FlyLady stuff.

After the Barbie movie was over, I directed the kids to the table. E preferred to put stuff on the record player. Also to poop again. And then to dump beads all over the floor. That gave us a chance to review colors.
user posted image

Oh also, E was quizzing himself on paw prints. He was playing with a Blue's Clues toy Blue and pointing to different parts:

"This paw-paw? Nah. This paw-paw? Nah. This paw-paw? Yes!"

M finished her worksheets, I went over them and directed her to fix mistakes.
user posted image
(She's really not suffering... I swear!)

E decided to color his worksheets now. Then he decided to color the clipboard and throw the crayons.

Then M made us waltz with stuffed animals. I am breaking here w/ a cup of coffee. E is nak (nursing @ keyboard).

11:57AM~

user posted image

user posted image

We went to the library where M heard stories about dragons (and came home a drew a dragon and requested Pete's Dragon on our Blockbuster Queue and is now flapping around the house under a green blanket pretending to be a dragon) and E and I played with an alphabet puzzle. I checked out "How to bake an Apple Pie and See the World" (Or something) for FIAR and "Tango Makes Three" for banned books week and then found the Peter, Paul & Mommy CD (which has Puff on it... theme?) as well as a lullaby CD made of Cure songs, and a Math rap CD which I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate. (Update: I do!)

We came home for lunch and I started a loaf of bread and dinner in the crock pot.

Now we're off again for E's nap in the car and a trip to the co-op and probably a playground.

E's nose is bothering him. I can't tell if it's boogers or a bead from earlier

3:16PM~
We drove up to OB and played at the playground for about 45 minutes before we went to the co-op.
user posted image

user posted image

We listened to The Witches on CD on the way up there and listened to the math rap CD on the way home. We also stopped so I could take a couple photos of the ocean. My poor kids.

user posted image

On the way home, we were talking about trees - conifers and deciduous - and whether or not palm trees are bushes or not. I told Margie, "Well, Daddy says they are bushes, and maybe he's right, but he's not a botanist. Do you know what a botanist is?"

"It's when you are wrong."

M is outside playing with the next door neighbor girl, E is watching a new Bob the Builder DVD we got last week as a hand-me-down I'm about to crack open some Camp Fire stuff to start planning for the year.

6:37PM~
M played outside for over an hour and E and I spent time in here playing games and looking at books together. I also cleaned up a bit. Or something. Played online. Either way, I could not face the Camp Fire book - it's so overwhelming!

M came in at 5pm and I fed the kids dinner while they watched some Eric Carle books on video.

After that I vacuumed while the kids ran circles around me. The vacuum cleaner makes them CRAZY, I swear.

M and I did a science project about condensation. ties in to the states of matter we talked about a week or so ago and Autumn (b/c it was "raining" in the jar)
user posted image

Now Alex is home and the kids are tired. E is complaining that the TV is not on.
user posted image

M is flapping around in her green blanket singing "Puff The Magic Dragon"
user posted image

Oh, I was telling Alex about how E was quizzing himself on paw prints and E started repeating it for him. I will try to get it on video tomorrow or something.

The kids will be heading off to bed in less than 30 min now. We are done schooling for today!

No comments: