Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday

~M played on The San Diego Zoo's kid site again, and shared bits of trivia with me like how many feathers a goose has and the fact that sometimes praying mantises eat birds.
~M informed me she wants to do a science project later that she found on the SD Zoo website.
~Kids helped me make some kettle corn to share at the homeschool park day picnic today.
~We scurried out to the park and spent the next hour and a half there. The kids ate pizza, and popcorn, M made s'mores, they played on the playground and they had a blast with the water balloons. It was lovely. I will upload pics later.
~Afterwards I surprised M with a visit to the Hallmark store to buy a new Webkinz that she's been wanting and that I just learned is about to be retired. Unfortunately it was not at that store so we came home and called around to find one at a different store and ran out to get that.
~M played on Webkinz, E watched TV while I did a quick workout video and showered off.
~By this time it was time to start dinner and then eat.
~M did very well eating her chili (and by that I mean she ate about 5 kernels of corn, but she tried and I am proud of her).
~After dinner M helped me clean up.
~Alex read Margie Yertle the Turtle at bedtime.

No comments: