Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday

6:30~
Margie yells for dad. I tell her to come to our bed. She informs us that is unacceptable and dad must come to her. Not in so many words. More like: "No! Dad!"

7:00~
They get up. I pick up a book to enjoy a few more minutes of quiet before the storm.

7:14~
E and I get up. I make the bed, get dressed, put my folded clothes away and head into the kitchen to fill water balloons for the homeschool party later.

7:45~
Filling water balloons and giving my children a lesson in some really excellent curse words.

8:15~
Make lunch, fill lunch box.

8:40~
Sit down with some coffee. No breakfast for me today. *sigh*

9-10~
E's teacher is here. E spends 1/2 the time eating breakfast, M spends the entire time being disruptive.

10:00~
off to the homeschool party!

10:30~
Arrive at the party, oddly on time. What a strange feeling.

12:00~
Suddenly realize it's been an hour and a half and probably we should all start partying already, no?

So we...

played in the parachute...
parachute

threw water balloons...
water balloons

made an art project...
art project

And had ice cream...
strawberry ice cream

1:00~
Leave the park and head around the corner to Trader Joe's. I played the math rap CD in the hopes that it would keep E awake while we drove b/c he likes to shout out the numbers.

1:15~
Trader Joe's to pick up just a few things we ran out of. The kids enjoy a free sample of cranberry-something juice. E learns how to drink from a cup. Sort of. Both kids spilled.

e learned to drink from a cup

1:45~
Back in the car. E sleeps. M screams absolutely the entire way home until I finally stopped the car and told her that if she did not pull herself together that instant, I would not let her play outside all day. Magic! Suddenly she was calm and pleasant.

2:15~
Home. E nurses himself back awake here and I've uploaded all the pictures. M has been making art projects for her friends.

3:30~
How did it get so late? M is about to go ask if her friends can play outside.
E & I followed M outside to blow bubbles. No one could play w/ her so the three of us played together.

my turn

my new fave pic

biggest bubble evah

(No good pics of E )

dirty feet
(dirty feet from the park)

(I'm having a good picture day)

(one more parenthetical statement)

4:00~
I had a snack cause I figured I ought to eat at some point today. Oh the kids had a snack, too.

4:15~
I started cleaning the kitchen and kids were at the table. E was coloring and M was writing a story (I spelled each word for her to write down). The story goes...

Once a long time ago a castle named Fairy. The prince saved the princess. The princess was named Lollipop.

Who needs complete sentences?

In the process she learned to spell a couple of words and how to look up ones she'd already spelled. She's finally got her name down for the most part.

5:00~
Neighbors came to play so M went outside. I tried to start dinner but was interrupted:
~e split his lip somehow sitting in the dining room chair (actually I'm pretty sure he wasn't sitting)
~I had to get E juice
~I started singing, but it made E cry (insert tears from laughter here) so I had to take a video, of course
~the video wasn't as cute. he never cooperates with me for videos
~E and I had to dance to some good music

5:30~
Finally got dinner in the oven
Margie came in b/c the kids went inside the house of someone I do not know.
M & Elliott started out dancing and ended up wrestling.

5:50~
kids served dinner. TJ's chicken pieces and potato wedges. it's like fast food but good for you! (HOW many times do I have to tell her not to touch his food???). When dh gets home we will have roast beef and roasted veggies.

6:30~
Kids in the bath. E made a game up: He'd throw his toy away from him, say very dramatic, "Oooohhhh NO!" and then M would give it back and he would say, "Yay!" Repeat.

7:00~
I'm showered, kids are clean. M is over at the table writing something... Bedtime!

I've been waiting all day to get back into my book and I finally have a chance while I put E to sleep!

No comments: